PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of August 21, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“It’s clear from the opening montage that we’re in the hands of a master… Rowlands is typically superb…Cassavetes and the two leads keep maudlin sentimentality at bay.”
– Time Out London
“Cassavetes films Rowlands, his wife, with self-deprecating adoration; the demanding man likens himself to the defenseless boy, and both are saved by this gloriously burdened woman who would kill for them.”
– Richard Brody, The New Yorker
Writer-director John Cassavetes’ “most mainstream” film, Gloria (1980), is the story of the eponymous gangster’s moll (the stunning Gena Rowlands), forced to go on the run with a young boy, Phil (John Adames), who may or may not have information that the Mob deems vital. Along the way, the initial antagonism between woman and boy develops into grudging affection, and Gloria discovers reserves of inner strength to complement her tough-gal persona. Featuring a spectacularly beautiful orchestral/jazz score by Bill Conti, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1980 / Color
Special Features: Isolated Music Track / Original Theatrical Trailers
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units