PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late June and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
We are pleased to release the complete edition CD of the OST by Francis Lai for the drama “The Forbidden Room” (aka “Anima Persa”). SOUNDTRACK The legendary Oscar-winning composer Francis Lai wrote the music for this psychological ?lm based on a recurring nostalgic main theme for orchestra with moog interventions, which is introduced in the opening credits (Tr.1). The author has succeeded perfectly in representing the atmosphere of a mysterious and esoteric Venice, with a whole series of tense motifs alternated with romantic pop atmospheres and baroque phrases. C.A.M. had originally released a vinyl LP with 14 tracks (SAG 9074) lasting 35:06 minutes. Thanks to the stereo master tapes from the recording session, we were able to discover six unreleased tracks which bring our CD to a total of 44:41 minutes. This is without a doubt one of Francis Lai’s masterpieces, and one of the greatest in international ?lm music, which we proudly reissue after already having released his fabulous music for "Baby Sitter" in 2010 (CDDM157). DIRECTOR AND CAST Directed in 1976 by Dino Risi. Starring Vittorio Gassman, Catherine Deneuve, Danilo Mattei, Anicée Alvina, Ester Carloni, Gino Cavalieri, Michele Capnist, Aristide Caporale. PLOT Nineteen-year-old Tino, an aspiring painter, goes to Venice to visit his uncle Fabio Stolz - a former engineer at a gas company who is proud of his Hapsburg origin - and his wife Elisa, a sickly blonde woman who is completely submissive to her husband. One evening Tino hears unexplainable noises coming from the attic in the ancient building they live in. The hired help reveals to Tino what the noises are and Tino’s aunt and uncle reluctantly con?rm what she says- Fabio’s lunatic brother lives in the attic. He went insane after causing the death of his niece Beba, Elisa’s 10-year-old daughter from her ?rst marriage, whom he had fallen in love with. However there are con?icting versions to the story: according to Fabio, Elisa let her daughter die of pneumonia because she did not treat it in time. But where is Beba’s grave? There is no trace of it at the cemetery. Increasingly intrigued, Tino discovers another lie: his uncle does not work but instead spends his days with friends, squandering Elisa’s fortune. Once Tino ?nds the attic door open he ?nally has an explanation to the mystery: a shocking explanation that will convince him to leave Venice forever.
01. ANIMA PERSA 3:02 02. PER I CANALI DI VENEZIA 1:11 03. IL SEGRETO 2:50 04. ANIMA PERSA 3:17 05. IL VALZER 3:16 06. IN CHIESA 3:54 07. TINO E LUCIA 3:01 08. LA SCOPERTA DI BEBA 1:15 09. IL MANICOMIO 1:26 10. INCONTRO DI TINO E LUCIA 0:57 11. L'ACCADEMIA 1:09 12. LUCIA 0:48 13. ZIA ELISA 2:37 14. RIVELAZIONE E FINALE 5:49 bonus tracks 15. IL MANICOMIO (Alternate take) 0:57 16. ANIMA PERSA (Carillon) 0:44 17. ANIMA PERSA (Tino nella stanza) 2:35 18. ANIMA PERSA (Malinconia e momento Barocco) 1:00 19. ANIMA PERSA (Piano solo) 2:37 20. IL SEGRETO (Alternate take) 1:25